According to traditional Chinese medicine, crisp salad greens, iced teas, fruits and juices, and other yin foods help maintain balance during the hot summer months.
Try our Asian pear and spinach salad served alongside salmon, marinated in sake and soy with ginger, for a perfect summer meal!
Asian Pear and Spinach Salad with Peanut Dressing
- 2 Asian pears, peeled, cored and cut into thin strips
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons Asian sesame oil
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar (not seasoned)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon Asian chili paste with garlic or garlic chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Prepare salad: Toss the spinach and pears well with the dressing. Divide among 4 serving plates and serve.