This 15 CEU/PDA training retreat is for acupuncturists and other health care providers and their partners.
You will leave this training:
Deeply nourished and rejuvenated, with renewed connection to yourself and the earth;
Inspired that you CAN create the projects of your dreams, that are both exciting and of great service;
Equipped with cutting edge protocols for trauma treatment in a one-on-one or group setting;
With new friendships, and connections to a community of like-minded, vital, powerful leaders;
With step-by-step information about how to start, fund, and run successful national and international programs;
With enhanced leadership skills for making any team effort a success.
About the Training:
This training retreat is about the inner and outer aspects of being a global healer and leader. We’ll explore the deeper strengths and challenges we each bring to this arena. We will also share nuts and bolts training with advanced teachings in how to set up programs, whether they’re community service clinics or international projects. We’ll study advanced clinical practices that can be offered in such settings.
Retreat Training Areas of Focus:
Advanced Disaster Relief Training
Trauma and Resilience
Creating Your Own Global Program
Practical Leadership Skills
The course curriculum will include:
• AWB-recommended Toolkit of Trauma-Informed Therapies
• Neurobiology of trauma and developing resilience in your own life and for your clients
• Aromatherapy for Trauma Healing
• East Meets West-Understanding Trauma Energetically and Bio-medically
• When Healers Become Leaders: How to Create Meaningful Rituals in the Modern World
• Creating and Fundraising for your Global Service Dream (including legal issues practicing abroad, cultural sensitivity, working with other non-governmental organizations)
• Building Resilience: Dismantling the Inner Critic and Courting the Witness
• Techniques and deep practice for you and your clients on developing resiliency, healing trauma
• Advanced training on how to create a relief effort if/when a disaster strikes your community
• Group qigong and meditation practice
• Clinical Tools for Trauma Treatment
• Leadership development including transformative leadership – and lessons from ancient traditional medicine
• Creating Effective Boundaries when doing field work
• Enlightened Leadership: The 3 Keys to Avoid Leadership Burnout and Deepen Your Joyful Practice
• From Trauma to Transformation: how your own life events point the way to your mission and leadership
• Council Practice for self, community clinic work, field work (and applicable to your practice, family, all relationships)
• Community acupuncture clinic
This retreat is an opportunity to gather together as a community of AWB supporters committed to service work in the world. The training retreat will focus on a combination of leadership skill development and the specifics of how to develop your own programs serving communities of interest to you.
Our goal is to support your ever growing competency to grow as a leader working with AWB and in all aspects of your own life and work. With AWB, leadership may include directing a disaster relief effort, running a community clinic serving a population in need in your area, or starting your own international project.
**AWB’s California’s acupuncture education number is 0619.