|Acupuncturist Search Results
Shabnam Pourhassani M.S., L.Ac, Q.M.E.,FABORM
Newport Wellness Group
180 Newport Center Drive, Suite 145
949-309-7359 - phone
949-760-2722 - fax
16300 Sand Canyon
213-973-8776 - phone
Contact Shabnam Pourhassani »
School: South Baylo University
Degree: MS in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, BS in Holistic Science
About Shabnam Pourhassani
Ms. Pourhassani, has been in practice since 2008. Specializing in infertility, failed IVF cycles, pregnancy related problems and stress and board certified as a felow of the American Board of Reproductive Medicine. She is an expert in treating orthopedic, spine and complex pain conditions. She is licensed in the state of California and New York, as well as the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine. She is appointed by the State of California, Worker’s compensation medical unit as a qualified medical evaluator (QME) for injured workers.
She is on staff at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, volunteers at the Lestonnac Free Clinic & provides acupuncture services at the Reproductive Fertility Center in Irvine, CA.
Ms. Pourhassani has created proprietary protocols for orthopedic post-operative rehab (nerve regeneration, scar tissue and function). She has also worked with patients with chronic pain after failed spine surgeries since 2008.
Education & Training:
- Active member of the American Society of Reproductive Medicine, American Academy of Pain Management, and the Academy of Integrative Health & Medicine.
- Acupuncture during Labor & Delivery at NYU Lutheran Medical Center.
- Clinical Training in Mind-Body Medicine via Harvard Medical School
- Acupuncture for Addictive Disorders via the National Acupuncture Detoxification Association
- Acupuncture in Pregnancy & Childbirth-Debra Betts
- Infertilty Courses with Jane Lytteton and Randine Lewis
- Pediatric Acupuncture with Stephen Cowan M.D. & Efrem Korngold, L.Ac.
- Masters of Science in Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine, 2008
Take a look at videos of previous patients outcomes via youtube and website.
- American Society of Reproductive Medicine
- American Academy of Pain Management
- Academy of Integrative Health & Medicine
- American Board of Oriental Reproductive Medicine
Additional Practitioner Information
- Acupuncture Detox
- Ear Acupuncture
- Mind-Body Medicine based on Harvard's program
- NADA (National Acupuncture Detoxification Association)
Areas of Expertise
- Colds and Flu's
- Cosmetic Acupuncture
- Gastrointestinal Disorders
- Immune Disorders
- Menstrual Disorders
- Musculoskeletal Disorders
- Neurological Disorders
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Oncology Support
- Pain Management
- Post-Surgical Pain & Rehab
- Psychological/Emotional Disorders
- Sports Medicine
- Women's Health
Styles of Acupuncture
- Auricular Acupuncture
- Japanese Style Acupuncture
- Proprietary Protocols
- Scalp Acupuncture
- Scientific Protocols
- Traditional Chinese Acupuncture