Can acupuncture effectively treat uterine myomas or fibroids?
Read Article - Uterine Fibriods
Fibroids may impair conception if they obstruct the uterine cavity or the entrance into the uterus from the fallopian tubes.
One Chinese study conducted by Zhongli and Shurong used Traditional Chinese Medicinals to treat 223 cases of uterine fibroids. All patients had conspicuous symptoms and were diagnosed clinically by pelvic examination and confirmed by ultrasonography.
- Treatment was provided according to the differentiation of the pattern of imbalance, involving the principles of invigorating the blood and eliminating blood stasis, clearing heat, and softening the induration.
- Those diagnosed with yin deficiency and liver fire were also given herbs to supplement the yin and clear liver fire.
- Those diagnosed with spleen qi vacuity were also given herbs to supplement the spleen qi such
- Medicinal herbs were added for qi and blood stagnation.
- The herbs were administered after menstruation. The authors reported a 72% reduction in the quantity of menstrual blood. Symptoms like abdominal pain, leukorrhea, and backache were improved in 58.8%. The overall effectiveness rate was 92.4%. Myomas completely disappeared in 13% of the cases, were markedly diminished in 29%, slightly reduced in 19%, and unchanged in 28%.
If you contact a practitioner, please tell them you found them on www.Acufinder.com!