Secondary Trauma: Key Things to Know for the Treatment Room and for Your Own Life
7 CEU/PDAs (NCCAOM, TC, FL, pending CA)
(includes 2 Ethics and 2 Safety PDAs)
Every practitioner needs to know about secondary trauma, and how might it affect one’s life and one’s practice. This is a subject that is often NOT taught in our educational programs, and yet it is so critical for our long-term success in our work and for our long-term personal happiness. Please join us for a teaching and personal exploration of this critically important topic.
In this workshop we will explore the following:
- What is Secondary Trauma?
- Risk factors and signs of Secondary Trauma
- Managing one’s own story in the treatment room
- Trauma-Informed acupuncture and working with crises
- Burnout, Self-awareness and Building Resiliency
- Five Elements and Secondary Trauma
- What is compassion fatigue and what to do about it?
- Loss of motivation and too much care-giving
- The silver lining of working with crisis and trauma – how to harness the gold
- In a safe and nourishing way, the workshop will explore our own need for healing on this topic
Rayotek Scientific, Inc
Space is limited so reserve your spot early!
- Event Start Date: 02-29-2020
- Event End Date: 02-29-2020
- Event Start Time: 9:00 AM
- Event Duration: 1 Day
- Event Topic: Trauma and Emergency Acupuncture
- Organization: Acupuncturists Without Borders
- Instructor: Diana Fried