About Dr. Rodney Dunetz
Dr. Rodney was granted a “Doctorate of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (DAOM)” in the first doctoral class on the East Coast of the United States.
He’s a Licensed Acupuncture Physician and Doctor of Oriental Medicine with a private practice serving South Florida including Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Palm Beach, and Ft. Lauderdale. In addition, he’s a Nationally Board Certified “Diplomate in Acupuncture”. Dr Rodney is consider by many as the “Top Acupuncturist and Wellness Health Provider”in Florida and America and “Patient Rated #1″.
A “Palm Beach County Medical Society Services’ – Hero In Medicine”
He was granted a “Doctorate in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (DAOM) and “Masters Degree in Oriental Medicine” from the “Atlantic Institute of Oriental Medicine” (A.T.O.M.) in Fort Lauderdale, Florida and a “Bachelor’s Degree in Health Sciences”. He specializes in pain management, anti-aging, and wellness. Rodney is also know for his work with children and emotional disorders.
Rodney Dunetz, AP, DAOM is licensed by the Florida Department of Health as an Acupuncture Physician and Doctor of Oriental Medicine. He is a Nationally Board Certified “Diplomate in Acupuncture”. Dr Rodney is NOT a Medical Doctor (MD).
As an Adjunct Professor at the Palm Beach State College, Dr Rodney teaches Wellness and Anti-aging classes. In addition, he’s a featured speaker on both TV and Radio giving talks on Oriental Medicine, Meditation, and Wellness. In addition, he is a Director and Treasurer on the “Florida State Oriental Medical Association” (FSOMA) board. “FSOMA” helps to represent the acupuncturists in Florida.
Rodney is a Palm Beach County Medical Reserve Corps Volunteer, on the Everglades University Program Advisory Committee for Alternative Medicine and provides acupuncture treatments for Hospice By the Sea – Boca Raton staff and volunteers. He is constantly working to give back to the community.
He also teaches Primordial Sound Meditation (as developed by Dr. Deepak Chopra and Dr. David Simon), a Chopra Center Yoga Instructor and a Certified Qigong instructor giving both group and private instruction around the United States.
His main office is located in the “Center for Health and Wellness” 500 N.E. Spanish River Blvd. – Suite 31, Boca Raton, Florida 33431.
For information about the conditions he treats, check on www.MindBodyBasics.com
Some of the modalities he practices as an Licensed Acupuncture Physician and Doctor of Oriental Medicine include:
- Functional Medicine
- Nutritional Therapy
- Laser Therapy
- Herbal Therapy
- Neuro Linguistic Programing– NLP
- Meditation & Stress Reduction
- Moxibustion (a type of heat stimulation of acupuncture points)
- Tui Na (Oriental therapeutic massage and body manipulation),
- Auricular Therapy (treatments done on the ears)
- Qigong (meditative breath work)
- Wellness Counseling
- Healing Touch(endorsed by American Holistic Nurses Association)
Dr. Rodney has received advanced training in:
- Laser Therapy - Therapeutic laser treatment protocols (K-Laser)
- Primordial Sound Meditation– Chopra Center Certified Instructor
- Cosmetic Acupuncture - Mei Zen Method
- Treating Infertility – Bob Flaws
- Neuro Linguistic Programing– NLP
- Qigong – Classes and Private instruction available
- Oriental Pulse Diagnosis
- Treating Mental-Emotional Conditions with Chinese Medicine– Bob Flaws
Active Memberships & Past Positions:
- Florida State Oriental Medical Association (Board of Directors)
- The American Association of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
- Everglades University - Program Advisory Committee - Alternative Medicine
- Palm Beach County - Medical Reserve Corp Volunteer
- Complementary Therapies Advisory Council - Hospice by the Sea
- American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine (Former Member)
- Boca Raton Museum of Art
- Morikami Museum and Japanese Garden
- Doctors Without Borders
- International Campaign for Tibet
- The Jane Goodall Foundation
- Seva Foundation
- Animals Asia Foundation
- The United Nations Childrens Fund (Unicef)
- People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA)
- National Public Radio (NPR)