About Michael Vercos
Michael is a Licensed Acupuncturist who has practiced Traditional Chinese Medicine since 1990. A graduate of Emperor's College in Santa Monica, where he earned a Master's Degree in Oriental Medicine, he also received additional training at hospitals in Beijing and Shanghai, China. Michael is a Master Herbologist and highly-skilled acupuncturist who employs Chinese massage therapy techniques as well as Western nutritional assessment and supplementation. Utilizing a combination of acupuncture, Chinese herbal therapy and massage, Western nutritional counseling and supplements, Michael specializes in:
- Pain Management
- Endocrinology (hypo- & hyperthyroid, adrenal fatigue, etc.)
- Immune System Disorders & Deficiencies
- Respiratory Disorders (allergies, asthma, sinusitis, etc.)
- Digestive Disorders (IBS, indigestion, constipation, etc.)
- Gynecological Issues & Infertility
- Pre-, Peri- and Postnatal Care (nausea, back pain, constipation, lactation issues/mastitis, etc.)
- Psychological Disorders (anxiety, depression, addictive behaviors, etc.)
We're an Integrative Health Center, which means our practitioners have the unique ability to work together to bring you comprehensive health care. We partner with our patients, staff, and each other to provide open-minded, open-hearted health care that respects the wisdom of the individual, of nature, and the healing power of relationship.
In addition to to music, Michael has had a strong personal interest in physical fitness and the martial arts for more than 35 years, including Jeet Kune Do, Kali, and Thai Boxing. He is the father of three.